MASSAGE FOR THE BABY AND OLDER CHILD, HOW IT CAN HELP:
- Helps you understand your baby's non verbal cues.
- Enhance parent and baby communication.
- Researchers have shown positive results in greater weight gain, increase in levels of alertness in premature babies.
- Developes your imagination with your baby/children.
- Improved behaviour and calmness.
- Massage helps Internal organs relieve and prevent tension in the intestine - it can help with Colic and trapped wind, constipation and tummy migraines.
- Can help flatten that tummy hernia within 5 weeks.
- Time for the baby to be on their front which will automatically strengthens the baby's neck muscles, back and arms.
- Gentle Movements to stimulate your baby when they become restless. These exercises also help with the build up of mucus and strengthen the heart and lungs.
- Can improve sleep patterns day and night - I can offer you advice on a routine for you and your child.
- Calmer moods as your child grows. I can offer strokes to help with growing pains within the joints of the older child, the massage strengthens and tones the legs.
- Children become calmer and have improved concentration.
- It helps children recognise 'good and bad touch'
- Show improved motor skills when massaging the hands.
- Develops respect and empathy, they will become more aware of feelings and emotions.
In a world where parents seem to be constantly told how to bring up a child, infant massage can be a way of learning from your baby how best to care for them.